You might be doing a lot of cool stuff with your site; you might be sending out frequent newsletters; you might be collecting data on your visitors; you might be selling products; you might be throwing out the rules in order to make something awesome, but you need to make sure that you are following Google Analytics rules so that you continue to show up on Google.
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
According to Google,
- The Google Analytics Advertising Features you’ve implemented.
- How you and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together.
- How visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features you use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out).